Many things have been thrown off in the midst of EPCOT’s enormous transformation, including the closing of Club Cool EPCOT. Club Cool was closed for just over 2 years before it was reopened in the World Celebration Neighborhood.
Now that Club Cool has reopened, you can grab a free soda at EPCOT again, and check out Club Cool’s new space. There are also eight new flavors to try out.
What is Club Cool?
Club Cool is a popular Walt Disney World attraction where you can take a break from the heat and grab a sample of eight different Coca-Cola products. Each of the uniquely flavored drinks represents a different country from around the world.
Club cool at EPCOT is one of the very few places in the United States where you can experience these eight flavors, which is what makes it such a unique attraction.
For many, the best part about these samples is that they’re completely free. Not to mention you can have a second sample, or take one to go when you leave.
The first Club Cool’s grand opening was in 1998, and it’s changed quite a bit over the years. When the location first opened, it was called Ice Station Cool.
Ice Station Cool was themed as an artic expedition base, decorated with frozen cavemen, polar bears, etc. However, the concept was still close to the concept of today.
Where is Club Cool Located?
More recent changes include a new building in a new location. The old Club Cool was located at Future World West, but it is now located in the World Celebration Neighborhood of EPCOT, right beside the new Creations Shop.
If you’re walking from Spaceship Earth to World Showcase Lagoon, the revitalized Club Cool will be to your right.
New Club Cool Sign
There are also many other new things to notice if you haven’t visited EPCOT since Club Cool reopened.
The Club Cool entrance is designed to mimic the old green Coca-Cola bottles and has the Coca-Cola logo printed in bright Coke red in the EPCOT World Bold font at the top.
New Club Cool Flavors
The new building, location, and sign also came with new Club Cool flavors to help EPCOT visitors cope with a hot day. These eight new flavors include:
- Beverly: A flavor that was brought back because of how popular it was before the closing of Club Cool, despite its bitter flavor. In Italy, it’s a popular non-alcoholic aperitif. In other words, people drink it rather than an alcoholic cocktail to help settle their stomachs after a meal.
- Country Club Merengue: This flavor comes from the Dominican Republic. It offers a smooth and creamy tropical fruit taste.
- Royal Wattamelon: A sparkling beverage only sold in the Phillippines. It has a sour watermelon flavor.
- Bon Bon Anglais: A unique tasting blend of tropical fruit flavors that’s only available in Madagascar.
- Viva Raspberry: This flavor is a delicious sparkling beverage from Movoda. It has a combination of a slightly tart flavor while also having a sweet raspberry flavor.
- Smart Sour Plum: Smart Sour Plum, also known as Sour Plum Tea, is a traditional Chinese beverage that combines a sweet, savory, and tart flavor.
- Sprite Cucumber: Russian Coca-Cola flavor that tastes similar to the Sprite we know, but with a crisp cucumber flavor.
- Minute Maid Joy Apple Lychee: The only non-soft drink option on the menu. This flavor features ripe apple and lychee notes. Lychee subtropical fruit tree native to southern china. They’re now found all over the world.
Some Club Cool visitors have found the soda flavors too sweet, while others have loved them so much, they searched enough to find that they could order their favorite flavors on Amazon.
The Old Club Cool Flavors
The flavors that are available to Club Cool change from time to time. The old flavor lists included:
- Fanta Pineapple: This flavor had a sweet pineapple taste. It was originally released in Europe but is now widely available in many different countries, including the United States.
- VegitaBete: A flavor that was released in Japan in 1992 and features a sweet blend of passion fruit flavors.
- Sparberry: A cream soda flavor that can only be found in certain parts of South Africa.
- Fanta Melon Frosty: The number one soft drink in Thailand, featuring a pleasant melon flavor.
- Inca Kola: Has an unusually sweet fruity flavor that tastes very similar to liquid bubblegum.
- Bibo: This flavor came from a brand of fruit-flavored juices that are popular in South Africa.
- Guarana Kuat: A berry-flavored soda native to Brazil.
Coca-Cola Merchandise at Club Cool EPCOT
In addition to trying these Coca-Cola flavors, you can also purchase ice cream floats. You can pick from several different soda flavors to combine with soft-serve ice cream.
You can choose from tumblers, t-shirts, sweatpants, and many more unique things.
The Coca-Cola Store in Disney Springs
If you love Club Cool. you should also check out the Coca-Cola Store Rooftop Beverage Bar at Disney Springs. The Rooftop Beverage Bar has a more relaxing setting and more options of things to try.
The only downside is that it’s not free like at Club Cool. But, you get a tray of sixteen flavors rather than only eight. Additionally, you can get a tray of Coca-Cola float samples or a combo tray that has floats and new flavors of coke on the same tray.
If you go later in the evening, you can also find specialty alcoholic beverages.
This sampling experience isn’t usually as crowded and you can enjoy an amazing view of Disney Springs from the rooftop patio. You’ll also want to notice the unique chandelier near the entrance that’s made from Coca-Cola bottles.
After you’ve sampled your coke flavors and floats you can add a photo with the Coca-Cola Bear to your collection of photos from your trip. They also have a much larger selection of Coca-Cola branded merchandise to choose from.